Large Mining Company in development phase is seeking to appoint an experienced Project Management System (PMS) Administrator who will report directly to the Procurement Manager and Construction Manager and will serve as a member of the Operations & Technical Team.
Position will be based at our Mine Site within the Limpopo Province.
- Communicate and report to the construction department at the overseas department, which includes, but is not limited to, COVID-19 and vaccination statistics, information collection and reporting for employees back to China and headquarters, and any other assignments related to health and safety management, etc.
- Communicate and report to the Chinese embassy in South Africa and South Africa-China economic and trade association which includes, but is not limited to, monthly business briefings, statistics and reports on COVID-19 and health and safety. Reporting the investment data and latest situation in South Africa to the ministry of commerce of the people’s republic of China every two months etc.
- Organise and implement certain activities arranged by the overseas department and Zijin labour union which includes, but is not limited to, mental health lectures and activities.
- Maintain and update the database of the contract management system / project management system, as per headquarters requirements.
- Coordinate construction department activities and operations efficiently and in compliance to company policies.
- Follow up with the progress of different projects of construction department.
- Submit timely reports and prepare presentations / proposals as assigned for the construction project.
- Filing of documentation for the construction department in accordance with POPIA regulations.
- Support budgeting and bookkeeping procedures.
- Assist and participate in office space planning, maintenance, and renovations when necessary.
- Arrange formal weekly construction progress meetings and ensure accurate minute taking.
- Carry out general administration tasks for the procurement department and construction.
- Assist the procurement department and construction team with various projects and their administration.
- Translate documentation, reports and Zijin HQ communication from Mandarin to English and vice versa.
- Assist colleagues whenever necessary.
- Any other responsibility that can be reasonably expected in this role / function.
- National Senior Certificate or equivalent
- Diploma in Secretarial studies (or equivalent) is advantageous
- Driver’s Licence (Code 8)
- A minimum of 3 years administrative experience
- Experience on archives management
- Previous experience on Project Management System advantageous
Knowledge & Skills:
- English: Fully Professional
- Mandarin: Fully Professional
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Excellent administrative skills
- South African Work Permit / South Africa Permanent Residency, if foreign national