Large Mining Company in development phase is seeking to appoint an experienced Miner who will serve as a member of the Operations & Technical Team.
Position will be based at our Mine Site situated in the Greater Tubatse area, within the Sekhukhune District Municipality, in Limpopo Province.
- Ensuring the safety of employees under his/her control.
- Execution of whole mining cycle.
- Ensure compliance with safety standards guidelines, policies, and procedures.
- Utilise knowledge and quick thinking to efficiently operate mining equipment and tools.
- Install, maintain, inspect, and repair different mining equipment / utilities.
- Under minimum supervision, keep track of situations that may be a threat to any employee or affect overall productivity.
- Clean and prepare mining sites.
- Follow safety regulations, including wearing protective equipment such as helmets, hard hats, or eye protection.
- Reporting any accidents, injuries, or unsafe conditions to supervisors.
- Operating machinery used for mining operations.
- Maintaining detailed records of daily activities and progress.
- Any other responsibility that can be reasonably expected in this role / function.
- National Senior Certificate (Grade 12) or equivalent.
- Blasting Certificate.
- First Aid Certificate.
- Valid Driver’s Licence.
- Extensive working experience as a Miner in a Trackless Mining advantageous.
- Experience in mining operations with Drill Rigs advantageous.
- Experience in whole mining Value Chain e.g. (Development, Construction, Ledging, Equipping, Stopping) advantageous.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Cycle Mining / Multi-blast methodology.
- Compliance with COP`s and legal requirements.
- Be able to pass the practical test.
- Medically fit to work in Underground Mine.