Large Mining Company in development phase is seeking to appoint an experienced Explosives Coordinator who will report directly to the Mine Manager and will serve as a member of the Operations & Technical Team.
Position will be based at our Mine Site situated in the Greater Tubatse area, within the Sekhukhune District Municipality, in Limpopo Province.
- The appointed person will be responsible to ensure the continuous improvement and effectiveness of the Explosives Management System.
- Ensuring that reasonable steps are taken to address all significant risks relevant to safety and security of explosives.
- Maintenance of a management file with copies of all relevant permits, and licenses authorisations for audit purposes.
- Ensuring that adequate training is provided to all personnel involved in the handling of explosives and training records are maintained.
- Ensuring that all original permits, licenses, plans, registers, records, statistics, returns, and related documents are kept as legally prescribed.
- Signing all applications for permits, licenses, and related correspondence.
- Apply for and updating existing licenses with CIE.
- Ensuring personal knowledge of the act and regulations and keeping an updated version on hand all the time for quick reference.
- Facilitate the effective provision of technical training and coaching to support the elimination of identified barriers regarding explosives management and control.
- Ensure correct and sage transport, storage, handling, and destruction of explosives.
- Provide training and coaching to explosives receivers and handlers.
- Prepared to work overtime and shifts.
- Control the utilisation of allocated resources (explosives pumps, hoses, and explosives.)
- Strategic Planning:
- Assist with the compiling of the production strategic plan.
- Tactical Planning:
- Ensure that the necessary safety precautions are taken before any task is performed on explosives and accessories.
- Monitor and maintain a safe and healthy working environment in the workplace in decline.
- Testing, monitoring, and controlling gases.
- Take cognizance of and adhere to company policies, procedures, and relevant legislation. Manage and report on non-compliance issues to team leader and/or minter and/or shift supervisor.
- Any other responsibility that can be reasonably expected in this role / function.
- National Senior Certificate (Grade 12) or equivalent.
- Explosive Control certificate/course.
- Commercial Explosives System (CES).
- Explosives or Blasting Technology certificate.
- Explosives Ordinance (Mod A & B) certificate/course.
- Magazine Master certificate.
- Registered with the CIE.
- Driver’s Licence (Code 8).
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in explosives management and control.
- Experience in obtaining police clearance certificates.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge of explosives.
- Knowledge of explosives in the mining industry.
- Able to provide training.
- Knowledge of Explosive Act 1952 Regulations 6, 7, 8, and 9.
- Chapter 4 MHSA.
- Drafting SOP’s.
- Report writing skills.
- Risk Assessment skills.
- Working under pressure.
- Willing to relocate to Burgersfort / Steelpoort / surrounding area in the Limpopo Province.