As a minimum, we are committed to:
- Prevent environmental pollution, or otherwise minimize, mitigate, and remediate harmful effects of our operation on the environment throughout our lifecycle.
- Ensure that compliance with all applicable environmental laws, regulations and standards is the foundation on which we build our environmental performance.
- Promote active partnerships with Government, surrounding communities, labour and other relevant stakeholders for environmental protection and conservation at national, regional, and local levels.
- Set and achieve targets that promote efficient use of resources and reduce environmental exposure and report on progress to relevant internal and external stakeholders.
To achieve these commitments, we will:
- Develop an Environmental Management System that supports management objectives and environmental performance.
- Invest in Environmental Awareness training to ensure safe and environmentally sound practices are undertaken.
- Construct the mine in a manner that promote ecological and socio-economic sustainability and will invest in continuous rehabilitation were possible.
- Contribute to biodiversity protection considering ecological values and land-use aspects in operational and environmental issues with communities affected by our operations and consider their views and concerns in our decision – making.